At the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo Square Enix announced that the second expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood will be launched in both North America and Japan on June 20th, 2017. Fans can pre-order the extremely anticipated follow-up to Heavensward on January 24th as well as receive exclusive bonuses.
During his keynote speech Naoki Yoshida, the Producer/Director announced plenty of the new features for Stormblood.
These features include the following:
- “New Job – Red Mage – Using a rapier and magicked crystal medium the Red Mage can now deal DPS damage at range. The Red Mage can now dive in and out of the thickest of melee combat using short-ranged attacks and devastating red magic. The Red Mage can now link spells together with Chainspell to deal massive damage before adding insult to injury with melee attacks.
Swimming and Diving – The new gameplay mechanic allows players to seamlessly splash around in specific rivers, lakes, and seas in both new and existing areas all over Eorzea. The specific Underwater areas players can dive into, even while riding flying mounts, will include new gathering locations and provide opportunities for NPC interactions.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal – The all-female beast tribe of Ananta are the newest beast tribes to be introduced to the wide world of FFXIV. They reside in the mountains near Ala Mhigo where they worship the primal Lakshmi. They are widely known for their skills in spell and gemcraft. The Lamia will be playing a very important role in the main scenario of Stormblood as the Garlean Empire’s persecution of them is revealed.
- New High-Level Raid – The Bend of Time–Omega is the high-level raid series for Stormblood. Omega surfaces within the main scenario in the past. The menace will soon appear in their full force. The mystery behind their appearance and the significance of “The Bend of Time” will be unveiled through the story encompassing the raid.
- New Alliance Raid – The newly-announced alliance raid “Return to Ivalice” was created by two guest creators, Yasumi Matsuno from FFXII/Tactics who wrote the scenario of the raid and Keita Amemiya from Onimusha 2/ Shin Megami Tensei IV will tackle the monster and boss design.
- Stormblood Theme Song – The legendary composer Nobuo Uematsu will be returning to create the main theme song for the expansion.”
Square Enix also revealed information about the Stormblood Collector’s Edition. Yoshitaka Amano will be decorating the special box for the special edition that will contain a Zenos yae Galvus figure, the FFXIV: Stormblood Art Book, a cloth map of Eorzea, a Stormblood logo sticker as well as exclusive in-game items such as the Syldra Mount, Wind-up Bartz Minion, and a Chicken Knife.
Source: Square Enix