For PC gamers, no brand is more recognisable and trusted than Corsair. Just in time for the holiday season, the titan of gaming hardware is rolling out three new Solid State Drives (SSD) which pack speed and efficiency into an unbeatable package. The MP500 M.2 NVMe PCIe line boasts a 3,000 MB/s read speed, a 2,400 MB/s write speed, and requires no data or power cables, allowing this compact device to beat out the SATA 6Gbps SSD by a factor of five.
Beyond being able to fit in a laptop and being the fastest SSD on the market, the MP500 M.2 NVMe PCIe also promises a new level of data protection. Making use of Corsair’s proprietary SmartECC™, SmartRefresh™ and SmartFlush™ technology, as well as dynamic and static wear-leveling, the MP500 M.2 NVMe PCIe is shielded against data corruption by unsafe shutdown and power-loss. As an extra precaution, every purchase of any of the three variants (identical save for their storage capacity) comes with a three-year warranty. The price line for these game-changing SSDs is; $185 USD for the 120 GB, $285 USD for the 240 GB, and $539 USD for the 480 GB.
The full technical specifications, taken from CORSAIR’s website, are as follows:
- NVMe PCI Express Gen. 3 x4 interface provides up to a 5x performance improvement over SATA SSDs, allowing you to access all your data with blazing speed.
- M.2 2280 industry standard compact form factor.
- Available in various storage capacities including 120GB, 240GB and 480GB.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, with no special driver or administrative rights required.
- Enhanced error correction improves data retention.
- Toughened contact surface material gives better contact to the motherboard and provides vibration resistance.
- Static and dynamic wear-leveling extends the life of the disk SSD.
- Advanced garbage collection support provides extended drive management tasks.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox for advanced functionality.